BY: JOHN MAYEN JURKUCH, South Sudan, JUL/06/2013, SSN;
1. Mapping the Case
• In the aftermath of the embarrassing and dreadful event of the burning of the office block of the President in his residence, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of South Sudan in its regular meeting No. 05/2012 dated 10th February, 2012 in resolution No. 6 resolved to:
‘Express concern, in the light of the recent fire that gutted the office block at the official residence of the President of the Republic, about fire safety for public buildings and accordingly directs the Minister of Housing and Physical Planning and minister of Electricity and Dams to make a general inspection of electric wiring in all government buildings: residences and offices.
• Mr. Deng Alor, the minister of Cabinet affairs, allegedly cunningly woke-up on the morning of the 28th November, 2012, and decided to write to the Deputy Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, Dr. Marial Awou directing him to pay for ‘Fire-resistant Safes for Storing confidential and classified government documents’.
• As an allegedly experienced thief, Deng Alor saw a window of opportunity knowing that whenever you mention ‘President’ and ‘Security,’ people in Finance and Economic Planning ministry panic; illegally expanded the mandate and interpretation of the resolution to say ‘this resolution also requires that all confidential, secret and classified documents be protected from damage arising from fire’. Further, that ‘as part of implementing the resolution, I would like that your office facilitates the payment of these fire-resistant safes that will be used for storing confidential and classified government documents’.
• Furthermore, he allegedly single sourced and attached proforma Invoice from Daffy Supplies International Ltd; apparently his group theft customer, for the amount of $7,950,000 and furthermore that ‘the fund should be facilitated from the overall budget of the Republic of South Sudan’.
• The Deputy Minister of finance, Dr. Marial, on receipt of Deng’s letter allegedly wrote to the Under-secretary on the 28/11/2012 thus: ‘To take necessary action in the installation of these safes in government offices. Payment will be done when the financial situation of the country improves’. Somehow, contrary to the instructions of the Under-Secretary, one of the officials, Peter Garang, allegedly generated a Payment Claim Form on the 04/12/2012 with instructions from Under-secretary Salvatore Garang who signed the Form on the 05/05/2012; kick starting and ushering the case into the system for payment.
• Sometime in January (document not clear from repeated photocopying), Minister Kosti Manibe allegedly wrote that ‘when preparing for the next allocation of cash, this case should be given high priority……). On the 25th of Jan. 2012 the Managing Director of the Company wrote to the 1st Under-Secretary of Finance, requesting for the transfer of the $ 7,950,000 for the supply and delivery of Sensitive government equipment to the Republic of South Sudan. On the 28/01/2012 Salvatore Garang allegedly wrote to the D/G of Accounts that ‘to b/f to cash management committee for action’.
• Then on the 5/02/2013 Minister Kosti Manibe wrote again to the Under-secretary saying ‘bring for cash allocation tomorrow 6/02/2013’. The Acting Under-secretary Mr. Wani Buyu quarried the Acting D/G for Administration & Finance asking him to check the nature of the case and to let him know. The D/G writes back saying ‘this is a claim from Cabinet Affairs for Security of Important installations (bad English, but that is what it says).
• Apparently the cash management committee did not meet that day. But Minister Kostie summoned the Acting Under-Secretary Wani Buyu and allegedly directed him to make payment. Wani in turn ordered and directed Simon Kimang to proceed and indeed the money left Juba for eating in Nairobi, again!
2. Double guilty and must be Criminalized big time once and for all!
2.1 Why Deng Alor is Guilty
• The resolution did not concern the Ministry of Cabinet Affairs or the Minister to follow-up. The fact that Deng re-interpreted the resolution proves his intention to mislead the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and to swindle government money in his usual ways to further en-rich himself and family at the expense of our country and people even during a biting austerity regime.
• The resolution made no mention of Anti-Fire Cabins, but covered ‘offices’ as a mechanism of protecting the important confidential and classified government documents Deng was referring to in his corrupt interpretation of the resolution; further proves of his bad intention.
• Deng Alor knowing there is no budget to implement the resolution as yet, pending submission of the inspection report from the two Ministers referred to in the resolution, allegedly directed the Ministry of Finance to avail the funds from ‘the overall budget of the Republic of South Sudan’. Just see the audacity of this genetic thief!
• Deng, did you share the money you have been allegedly stealing since the time of Dr. John with the people of Abyei? Last time you, your brother Dr. Luka Biong and your cousin stole $15,000,000 in the name of Abyei but ended up paying EYAT COMPANY and then shared the money out to yourselves. Did you not know Abyei then?
Idiot, you suffer your shame and stop talking about Salva fighting you politically. Everybody knows how you lie, manipulate leaders and get others into trouble. You did that with Dr. John and President Salva. Now that Salva has understood your theft, you change the story into politics? Too bad you fool!
2.2 Why Kosti is Guilty
• Yes, Kosti did not initially authorize payment and indeed Dr. Marial should have checked the resolution and the procurement procedure before recommending the installation of the anti-fire cabins; but at least he recommended that payment be made ‘when the financial situation of the Country improves’ because Deng misled him to the effect that the fire units have been delivered already!
• But Kosti being the Senior Minister should have detected this error and stopped payment. Instead he expedited and sanctioned payment even contrary to the recommendation of his Deputy.
• It is well known that Deng Alor goes around saying he brought Kosti to the Ministry of Finance and so we have the right to conclude that they have been eating together and this is just one of the many cases. Going around saying I did not sign the document is nonsense, you thief.
And stop fooling yourself that you are a victim of politics, what politics do you know, and asking Equatorians to stand with you. When you were stealing did you ask for the views of Equatorians? The millions you allegedly collected from the Dura Traders is not enough for you…… you carry your own cross and get to prison, stupid!
2.3 The Problem now is how to confirm Deng Alor and Kosti Manibe Guilty
• Mulana Gatwich Lul, the Anti-Corruption Commission chairman, is the real problem now and must be judged properly this time round. Recently he cleared the Senior Staff who have been stealing in the office of the President against all odds.
• Deng Alor is supposed to be powerful and has been manipulating the President on behalf of the group. If Deng and his corruption money-rich friends, especially the other alleged senior thieves from Shuluk Land Pagan Amum who has the guts to challenge the President for taking action against his fellow thieves, allegedly pay Lul money, do not be surprised to see Lul Gatwich declaring the two thieves not guilty.
• Pagan reportedly tells the President that Deng is a founding member of the SPLM and Kosti is a member of the SPLM leadership; the matter should have been resolved in the SPLM. What? Then there is no need to talk about fighting corruption because all the thieves in South Sudan are members of the SPLM.
• Pagan, who do you want to be arrested, the poor innocent people while the big thieves like are protected for being leaders in the SPLM? People like you Pagan should shut-up and stop lying to yourselves that you want to be the President of South Sudan; to sell the entire Country. Your alleged money in the bank is well known everywhere, Pagan! Do not try President Salva or you will be kicked in the butt…..OoooPS! The man you call toothless has borrowed teeth and he is now ready to bite you, believe me!
• You, Gatwich Lul, I have given the people of South Sudan the true narrative to prove that Deng Alor, your friend, and Kosti Manibe the foolish man who got himself into trouble for nothing, are guilty. They had intention to allegedly steal from the government for their self enrichment Scheme.
No resolution to buy Fire resistant units
No authorization from Cabinet
Single sourcing; failing to follow procurement procedures
Lying that equipments have been supplied and delivered, when up to now nothing
Ministries have no money to operate and they go stealing millions of dollars; paid at once.
Kosti knew that the resolution was not relevant to Cabinet Affairs, that there is no money, that procures were not followed and instead of cancelling the case and taking disciplinary measures against his people, he sanctioned payment.
Chairman LUL, these are the facts and you cannot get away with it. If you mess around we will open a court case against you for corruption, because instead of protecting South Sudan from corruption, you are encouraging corruption. We are watching you, Mr. Lul Gatwich!
John Mayen Jurkuch
(More to come soon)