BY: DR PETER KOPLING JOSEPH, RSS, DEC/24/2013, SSN;
While the people of South Sudan will forever be grateful and remember the American people for the support they have given our nation without which we could have not achieved independent south Sudan, it must be said clearly that, under Obama administration’s watchful eyes and economic and moral support, Kirr has transformed himself into an absolute Dictator without sticks being raised from Washington DC to deflate his ego.
While Kirr lied and accused his political opponents for a failed coup, it is Kirr who has committed the factual and first coup against democracy and the people of South Sudan through the following:
1) Kirr has restricted free press, the cardinal pillar of democracy and killed one of his most prolific critic, beloved son of south Sudan, Isaiah Abraham, others like Elhag Paul can continue to truthfully write from diaspora.
2) Kirr rendered the National legislators a rubber-stamping body rather than a second branch of government. He threatens to dissolve them if they do not approve his nominations and initiatives.
The Judiciary, non-existent. Opponents are jailed indefinitely without charges.
Kirr removes democratically elected governors at will, by doing so; the remaining governors themselves have become toothless like the national assembly and lost independence thus are mere stooges.
3) Kirr slanders his political opponents, like honorable Sule and jails them. Thus no one dares criticize.
4) Peaceful demonstration under Kirr results into life bullets being fired with impunity into unarmed civilians, as were in Wau, Moli Tokuro with no consequences to his security forces.
5) Kirr’s tribal strongmen uses state power to achieve their tribal agendas, bullies the entire south Sudan, grabbing others tribal lands by force, displacing traditional and constitutional owners of tribal lands all over South Sudan, as highlighted by the utter torture of the Madi people in Nimule by the armed tribesmen of the president, where the natives have taken their case to the president numerous times without a single response.
6) Other parties have no chance of flourishing in South Sudan.
7) His security forces killed political opponents in Wau and in Nimule then turn around accused community leaders opposed to his agenda of murders and jailed them without charges and perpetually.
8) The very party of the president, SPLM, is rendered worthless and can not hold their functions, mandates declared expired raising frustrations in senior members as seen below.
In the extraordinary meetings held by the founding fathers and mother of the SPLM held in Juba just days before the war crimes committed by the president against the Nuer Women and children, many of the Senior SPLM speakers revealed very disturbing inner workings, but yet already noticed by the public, of the Kirrs government.
I was very much moved by many of them. I was struck by how smart these people were. The eloquent Madam Rebecca Nyandeng, the widow of the late leader, Dr Garang De Mabior, gave me hope. Indeed it is said behind a great man is a great woman! Indeed if there were democracy in our country, these men and women can rebuild our country, as they were the visionaries that fought for it.
It also made me realize that Kirr’s tribal gangs do not represent but rather hijacked the Dinka people for the benefit of Kirr and his gangs. Thus the crime committed by this gang is not of Dinka but Kirr and Kirr alone and his gangs.
Mrs. Garang stated, truthfully, that in every party, there are differences and certain things are resolved internally, however she revealed that the chair refused to give them audiences in order to iron these difference as such they are left with no other means to do so than take their case to the public which in itself infuriated the president, so what are these leaders suppose to do?
Now just consider this, if the very founders of our nation, who fought shoulder to shoulder in the bush with Kirr all these years cannot get audiences and can not be heard by him, and are utterly frustrated declaring “this is not what they fought for,” how then of the little peoples of the nations?
The man has become an absolute Tyrant.
She further declared, “there is no democracy in South Sudan, there is no free press.”
Indeed there were those who were fearful to even attend that meeting and did not show up. The right to assemble is another pillar of democracy and party leaders are fearful to hold meetings!
What more should we say, this from the great Thomas Jefferson, “When the government fears the people it is democracy and when the people fear the government it is Tyranny”, how truthful that is!!
The members also revealed that, since the oil started to flow in May 2013, the parliament, ministers and the people of South Sudan do not know where the money is and what is being done with it.
When asked, the president stated 4.5 billion dollars was borrowed during the austerity measures and are now being paid to the point they are not even paying salaries.
But Riek, who was vice president during much of the austerity measures and helped put it together does not recall that much money was borrowed.
So there it is, do we need to say more that the man, Kirr, is the man, he is the parliament, the judiciary, the treasurer, he is all and all is he.
Mr President Obama, this is the government of Kirr you want to force on us? He has eliminated and closed all channels of democratic intercourses.
He frames those opposed to him and jails them. The fateful December 15 night of the massacre he brought on the Nuer people, was started and carried out by his personal tribal Militia, the so called Republican guards.
Why do we need such guards in south sudan?
And he turned around as has become his signature and framed his opponents and jailed them. Riek was lucky to have escaped, Kirr Militia went to Riek’s house and killed women and children left behind and riddled the house with bullets.
Is there any doubts in your mind that they would have killed him rather than arrested him alive, Mr. Obama?
Now where is the logic that Riek must not act in self-defense and that of the people of south Sudan who are under subjugation and dislodge this monster that has grown in our very own backyard?
What democratic recourses are there left, Mr. Obama, for you to say, this man must not be removed and if so you will suspend support?
The answer is NONE.
Mr President, the support you give, especially financial, goes to kirr’s pockets as does the oil money, so withholding your support won’t hurt us but him.
In fact the way your support has been upto this stage, it hurts us the ordinary people by not demanding from Kirr strict accountability and sticking to democratic principles and rule of laws.
Indeed if you are for the people of South Sudan, you should ask Kirr to step down, elections convened and he, Kirr must face ICC for war crimes he committed in Juba against innocent Nuer, women and children.
Mr. Kirr has become an absolute and dominant Bull in the cattle camp, who charges mercilessly at the sight of any and all other bulls, holds absolute right to procreation, while not allowing any other bulls to even graze nor lift up their gaze.
Mr. President, the bull must be taken down before the cattle camp is filled with calves with congenital defects of Tyranny.
Dr Peter Kopling Joseph
“He who maintains silence in the face of a massacre is a murderer himself.”