July 30, 2016; Lou Nuer Intellectual Position Letter
We the Lou Nuer Community Intellectuals worldwide have condemned in the strongest terms possible, the asinine behavior of Taban Deng Gai for illegally occupying the position of Dr. Riek Machar as first Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan. We have gathered enough corroborate evidence pertaining to Taban’s motivation.
Taban Deng Gai was indeed the criminal mastermind for the incident of July 8th, 2016 at J1 Presidential Palace, where Dr. Riek Machar narrowly escaped his life. Taban’s plan was to kill Dr. Riek Machar so that he steps in as first Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan.
He carefully planned to assassinate Dr. Riek so that he gets closer to President Kiir and finds a way to rid him off as well. Taban’s prime goal is to take over the leadership of the country altogether from both Riek and Salva Kiir Mayardit.
After Taban led the IO advance team to Juba in April, he met with his colleagues from G 10 and discussed ways forward to the future of South Sudan leadership. He and his colleagues from G 10, have agreed to reorganize themselves and take over the leadership of the country in their hands and move forward with the SPLM vision of the late Dr. John Garang.
While Taban was a lead negotiator for SPLM-IO in Addis Ababa Ethiopia, he tried his best to build up friendship and trust with IGAD regional leaders and those of TROIKA and JMEC. He convinced the regional and international leaders that he and his colleagues from G10 would be the only alternative to bring lasting peace in South Sudan.
Taban used Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth as first-hand man to convince the US government to reconsider the weak leadership of President Kiir and Dr. Riek Machar, and opt to recognize best alternatives for South Sudan leadership.
Taban is currently menacing the majority of the IO advance team in Juba hotels and extorting them to side with him or lose their lives. He promises to offer highest posts to few IO advance team members, that he manipulated to support him, should he successfully overthrows the leadership of Riek and Kiir.
The Lou Nuer Community intellectuals want to acknowledge the resistance of some Lou Nuer politicians under the SPLM-IO leadership, from Taban’s attempt to involve in his subversion conspiracy.
We further cautioned those who recently met with Taban in Juba, and represented themselves as the leaders of the Lou Nuer community in support to Taban. You must understand the legitimacy of Lou and therefore, required to refute your action in no time.
We want to join our Bieh State deputy governor and three IO country representatives from Lou, in their statements of condemning Taban’s malicious act against Dr. Riek Machar and IO leadership.
We, therefore, affirmed the IGAD position in disapproving the appointment of Taban to replace Dr. Riek Machar as country’s First Vice President.
The intellectuals of the Lou Nuer call upon all the Nuer intellectuals, and other IO supporters to stay away from Taban’s illegal internal rebellions against the SPLM-IO leadership.
The intellectuals of the Lou Nuer community have reached out to the entire Lou society and given a full analysis for the situation at hand. We all have agreed to die together with one cause.
The issue which led the Lou Nuer community to take arms against the government of South Sudan under the leadership of Salva Kiir Mayardit in 2013 has not been resolved. We stand strong together with our local Lou Nuer community in the protection of Lou, the IO, and the interest of South Sudan.
We strongly warned the people of South Sudan to understand that Taban Deng Gai is a very dangerous human being in our society. We notice that he is currently working tirelessly to recruit people using county resources and any other available tool to bribe those who should support his subversion idea.
We all must stay away from Taban’s illegal actions in order to ameliorate the situation in our country.
The Lou Nuer community intellectuals worldwide along with Lou’s politicians and our society leaders have all agreed for the disapproval of Taban’s appointment as the replacement of Dr. Riek Machar. We further preserve our full support to SPLM-IO under the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar.
1. Dr. John Chuol Kuek, PhD in USA
2. Dr. Isaac Kueth Gang, PhD in USA
3. Mr. Kueth Yul Dieu, MS/MJ. JURISPRUDENCE- USA.
4. Mr. Chuol Peter Bell. M.Sc in India
5. Mr. Kayier Ruot Reat: (LL.B.) (LL.M.)Kenya.
6. Mr. Banak M. Kueth- BS. in USA
7. Mr. Toang Gatkuoth Buom- BA- Ethiopia.
8. Mr. Chuar Juet Jock. MSM– PHD candidates- USA
9. Mr. Nyang Mhar Thoa: BA- 3rd Year Kenya
10. Mr. Tut Wuor Gatkuoth- BS in USA
11. Hon. Thomas T. Doap- MPA in USA
12. Hon. Dong Thoat- Kenya
13. Hon. Kot Martin- Ethiopia
14. Hon. Kuajien Lual W. – Germany
15. Hon. Khor Gal- USA
16. Hon. Koang Rambang- Lou Nuer South Sudan.
17. Govn. Koang Kerjiok- Beih State Gov. Lou Nuer South Sudan.
18. Hon. Goi Jooyul Yol- Ethiopia
19. Hon. Gatluak Puok Kuenywar. USA.
20. Mr. John Jock Darwech- Canada
21. Mr. Reat Mar Nyuot-LLB. Kenya.
22. Rev. James Kwek- Canada
23. Rev. Michael B. Kuay. -USA
24. Rev. Pual Ruot Chol- USA
25. Mr. Khor Deng Khor- AS, -USA
26. Mr. Bang Nyuon Tot, 3rdAddis Ababa uni, Ethiopia
27. Mr. Chuol Chapen: Diploma- Nairobi Kenya
28. Mr. David Mai Tang: BA-USA.
29. Mr. Koang Puk Diew. Uganda
30. Mr. Ter Deng Gatluak- USA
31. Mr. Peter Kueth Chol – Canada
32. Mr. Gatwech Kutey Mut- Kenya
33. Elder Yak Reath- USA
34. Mr. Wany Nyang Diew. AS- Canada
35. Mr. Peter Wiyaual Dak- BA- USA
36. Ms. Tabitha Nyabiey Reath- Canada
37. Mr. Lam Gatluak Thot- AA- Ethiopia
38. Mr. James Kutey Thiep- BS- Australia
39. Mr. James Ker Kuek- MA- USA
40. Mr. Koang Riek Dhuordieng- BS- USA.
41. Mr. Nhial Bol Khor- South Sudan
42. Mr. Thomas Tut Choat- BS. South Sudan
43. Mr Chuol Pajok Bill BS. Australia.
44. MS. Nyalilit kok- BA- USA
45. Mr. Gatluak Geng Thanypiny- USA
46. Mr. Gatdel Riek Pajok- Nairobi- Kenya
47. Mr. Khot Hoth- USA.