By Olany Amum, MAY/24/2015, SSN;
There are a lot of propaganda and lies going on these days regarding the situation of Yuanes Okic in relation to Johnson Olony. In order not to lose our sights on the truth that is intended to be hidden by some individuals with ulterior motives, the following facts need to be
made known to the public and for better sincerer judgement of the matters at hands based on straight records before Nyikang Wad Okwa and God the Almighty.
According to the agreed understanding for Chollo forces of Gen. Johnson Olony and of Gen. Aywok Ogad, their border was in Manyo County extending northwards and Fashoda County stretching southwards to Makal and Panyikang Counties.
This arrangement has been respected and the two separate forces managed to co-exist and coordinate their operations accordingly for the defence of the Chollo Kingdom before things totally fell apart between Johnson Olony and Salva Kiir on May 15, 2015 till now.
And even when the signs of felling apart became clear and Gen. Olony was pushed by Juba to the tight corner of rebellion due to injustice of Dinka solidaristic tribalism in favour of Padang alliance, Okic continued to urge Olony not to join the Nuer of SPLM/A-IO but to operate independently.
However, instead of continuing to cooperate and consult, Gen. Olony and his allies decided to resort to bullying and humiliating tactics by giving Okic an ultimatum to surrender or risk
being chased away from the Kingdom or killed.
They even employed cheap propaganda of tarnishing and assassinating Okic’s image by spreading lies that he has been bought and bribed by Juba to be a betrayer.
They even tried to carry on emotional sabotage within Aywok Ogad’s forces so that they can desert and join Olony and Nuer forces.
Not only these, but also more seriously, the joint operation of some Olony’s forces and Nuer proceeded, despite some gentlemen peace agreement with Abdallah Kur, to attack Okic’s garrisons in Ogon, Nyiliech! Adhwoy, Aweth and Kaka.
But still and in order to avoid more deaths and harms to Chollo people, Okic refused to fight back as he ordered his forces to withdraw and allow the ill-motivated attackers to occupy these places peacefully. Few of his soldiers were wounded.
And to the confirmation of the suspicion of the vague Olony’s Nuer alliance, more Nuer forces were seen deployed in big numbers to take over Kaka to replace Chollo forces.
For the Nuer and according to releases from their media, it is Olony who defected from the government side in order to join them under the over-all command of Dr. Riek Machar.
So far Olony didn’t refute this attribution directly apart from the poorly written press release No.1 that was circulated to the media by Mabior Garang in Narobi, Kenya on
behalf of Agwelek’s forces.
The heading of the second press release that enumerated the weapons captured in the government gunboat near Melut was even clearer on the direction that Olony’s forces are heading.
That is, they have declared themselves as a subset and part of the SPLM/A-IO, contradicting the first media release that they were operating independently.
Further worse, the Spokesperson of the Sudan People’s Liberating Army – Agwelek, Brig. General Nyagwal Ajak, announced over Radio Dabanga that they have defeated Okic’s militia forces in Kaka and many parts of Manyo County and are giving the scattered Chollo militia betrayers a hot pursuit.
But since Olony has cut all his contacts with Okic, the latter tried to contact Jockino Fidelo in the spirit of dialogue and understanding as he is said to have influence on the former.
Unfortunately, Jockino employed the same bullying attitude by telling Okic that it is too late for consultations because they have already gone to advanced stages with the Nuer of SPLM/A-IO and that nothing shall be helpful to Okic except unconditional surrender.
Other efforts of reconciliation are being tried by some Cholo Chiefs, Elders and other well wishing Chollo individuals but the bullying and arrogant attitude from Olony and some of his close advisors and supporters is still blocking any success.
Is there any understanding and compromise from Okic more than these when it is known that he has not been under command of Olony and Dr. Riek Machar?
Why should Chollo areas be liberated with blood from Nuer expansionists but later again handed back to them freely so that they can hijack the victories for their advantage as we have been reading and hearing from the SPLM/A-IO media these days?
Nevertheless, constructive efforts should still be pursued based on the following points and for a better way forward that will ensure that the Chollo will not come out as losers at the end of the current war:
1. There is no need for Chollo forces under command of Olony and Aywok to fight among themselves at this critical juncture. Instead, they should be persuaded to co-exist peacefully and with continuation of dialogue and coordination around the common Chollo interests
regardless of political or military affiliations.
2. Olony needs to come out clear to refute what the SPLA/M-IO is saying about him that he is a defector who has been made one of their top commanders. The involvement of the Nuer needs to be explained and clarified so that they don’t hijack Chollo victories or occupy Chollo lands through treachery of being unconditional allies, while in fact they want to revenge on Chollo by making the kingdom’s land a war theatre for the advantage of political scores of Dr. Riek Machar and with better leverage for Nuer chances to regain the power some of them have lost due to the tattering of Dinka-Nuer alliance post 2013 crisis.
3. Okic should maintain staying in his current garrison positions in Manyo County and should not collaborate with Dinka who may think of stabbing Olony in the back. He should be reminded that the attitude of Dinka is not very different from that of Nuer as the case of Markoni Okuc is still fresh in Chollo memories.
4. Olony and Okic should jointly declare the purpose of their war as that of the security of Chollo Kingdom and its historical territories vis-a-avis its right place in South Sudan, and that they are ready to negotiate with the legitimate government via external neutral mediator
to bring gains to Chollo Kingdom. They may name themselves officially as Chollo Kingdom Movement and appoint a political wing from Chollo learned intellectuals to strategize and represent them in a separate peace talks.
5. Chollo people inside South Sudan and abroad should mobilise humanitarian assistance and essential medicines to be dispatched to the Chollo forces controlled areas. They should also mobilise and encourage more Chollo to go on the ground and join the war of defence of the security and prosperity of the historic Chollo Kingdom.
Our Condolences to the lives of our lost heroes. May their souls rest in eternal peace.
Long Live Chollo Kingdom in South Sudan
The struggle continues.
The writer is an expert on SPLM/A thieves, South Sudan greed, Regionalism, Tribalism, Clanism, Sectionalism, Empty pride, Villagezation of South Sudan by corrupted SPLM/A leaders and
Fragmentation of South Sudan by SPLM/A.