Press Release, 09 OCT/2016;
Nuer Community declared war against Kiir’s Regime after the collapse of August Peace Accord of 2015. We, Nuer Community members under the umbrella of BNFA in Sudan met on 14 September 2016 in Khartoum and discussed how to resist the situation we are in and the way in which the Country is heading under the leadership of Dictator Kiir at this critical time.
The meeting was attended by four thousand, six hundred and seventy five (4,675) people and this included intellectuals, traditional Chiefs, elders, Women and youth groups of SPLM/SPLA in opposition.
The agenda of the meeting was to review the general situation of the Country after the collapse of August Peace Accord of 2015 and the way forwards to save the nation.
After a careful deliberation and discussion of the agenda in connection with all events of violation of the Peace deal taking place in the national Capital Juba, especially the assassination attempted against Dr. Riek Machar, the Chairman & C-in-C of SPLM/SPLA IO by the President Salva Kiir and Malong on 8 July 2016 at the very watch of Peace guarantors, that is JMEC, IGAD, AU, TRIOK Countries, UNSC and International Community when trying to start the implementation of the peace agreement after the formation of the TGNOU.
It was discovered that Kiir and his group are not interested to implement that peace as that was obvious from the very beginning while on the other hand, the peace guarantors are not serious enough to confront the regime for all those clear points and evidences of its violation of the Peace Deal signed in August last year to end the conflict in the country.
Since 2005, this tribal Government of Kiir has been committing many atrocities and gross human rights violations by killing ethnic communities in different parts of the Country by imposing its tribal agenda of born to rule the Country for life.
It is this so called Dinka tribal Kingdomship imposition that brought the genocidal killing of ethnic minorities in Upper Nile, Equatorial and Bhar El Ghazel regions.
For instance, the forceful disarmament of some tribes like that of Low Nuer of Akoba in Jonglei State in 2006, killing of Cholo Community in Malakal of Upper Nile State in 2010, massacre of Murrle Community in Pibor of Jonglei State in 2011-2012, massacre of Balanda and Farit tribes in Wau in 2012.
Also, the genocide of more than 20,000 unarmed innocent Nuer Civilians in December 2015 in Juba, mainly women, children, elderly and handicapped within 3 days in addition to all abuses of human rights, war crimes and crimes against humanity and against the international laws it committed from the onset of violence in that month.
The same regime is busy carrying out the same ethnic cleansing of minority tribes in Western Bhar El Ghazel, especially tribes in Raja and Wau and the same brutal ethnic lynching is taking place for South Sudanese tribes in Western, Central and Eastern Equatorial States at the very moment.
In August 2015, the Compromised Peace Agreement was signed in Addis Ababa by the Regime and SPLM/SPLA IO in order to end the conflict and the suffering of all people in South Sudan.
However, now the same regime under the same dictator Kiir is refusing to implement the Peace Agreement signed in August last year and instead Kiir was trying to eliminate Dr. Riek Machar who is the First Vice President of the Transitional Government of National Unity of the Country according to that Peace Agreement.
Yet the World super powers are not responding positively enough or taking any serious action against the notorious tribal Regime in Juba.
Moreover, some leaders of the world are encouraging the regime to continue with that evil spirit of refusing the implementation of Peace Accord because of having their hidden agenda.
In light of all the above mentioned facts, it was realized that the world is planning evil thing against the Nuer people in particular and the SPLM/SPLA-IO leadership of Dr. Riek Machar Teny as the Chairman of the Movement and the people of South Sudan in general who are calling for the regime change as supporters of this Movement and that is the reason why there is no appropriate or serious measures taken against this tribal Regime which has been killing its citizens whom it is supposed to protect.
Therefore, in order to save the nation from total collapse and to defend our existence as Nuer nation in South Sudan together with other ethnic groups who are suffering the same oppression and marginalization by this tribal Regime of Kiir in Juba while the World is not helping us at all, we are declaring the following points as our meeting resolutions:
1. We are strongly putting the blame squarely on August Peace guarantors, JMEC, IGAD or IGAD plus, TRIOKA Countries (USA, UK and Norway), AU, UNSC and other international Community members for failing to protect and supervise the implementation of their imposed Compromised Peace Agreement while they were the ones seriously pushing the SPLM/SPLA IO to Juba in order to implement this Peace without implementing first the provisions of security arrangement which include the demilitarization of the national Capital and that of other States as stipulated in Chapter II, article 5 of the Peace Deal.
2. We condemn in the strongest term possible the fatal aerial bombardment and ground attacks carried out by the regime with the help of terrorist and notorious American Black Water Company and other allied groups with the aim to eliminate the Chairman and Commander in Chief of SPLM/SPLA IO Dr. Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon in Juba on 9-12 July and in the forests of Central and Western Equatorial States during the period of more than forty days walk in the wilderness, and we therefore call the Peace guarantors, IGAD plus, AU, Trioka Countries, International Community, the UNSC to condemn this terrorist act of Black Water Company for its involvement in the South Sudanese Conflict due to its greedy interest to collect more bloody money through trading by killing as its core business to earn billions of Dollars.
3. We are strongly urging the August peace guarantors, IGAD plus, AU, Trioka Countries, UNSC and other peace loving members of international community to hold Kiir and all his allies (including Uganda, the Terrorist notorious Black War Company as well as the Country it belongs to) the responsibility of failing this Peace agreement and be held accountable also for all human death, suffering and destruction of all properties which may result as the consequences of his refusal for peace implementation.
4. We are declaring to the world our loyalty and firmness to SPLM/SPLA IO under the able leadership of Dr. Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon, the Chairman and C-in- C of this Freedom and Democratic Movement and we will stand very tall against the regime that is not willing to implement this peace and we will fight dictator Kiir and his allies and collaborators until he accepts the reality by stepping down from Presidency or risking to be captured alive by SPLA IO mighty fighters in J1 again as was the case on 8 July 2016.
5. We are calling upon all Nuer members globally to be more united and leave behind their differences for the common goodness of Nuer Community and that of other South Sudanese communities as well.
6. Under the leadership of BNFA and peace loving elders, the meeting recommended continuous Peaceful negotiation and dialogue with all Nuer members who are calling for the regime change on their own parallel ways apart from SPLM/SPLA IO front under the leadership of Dr. Machar Teny Dhurgon so as to unite our efforts as one Movement (SPLM/SPLA)-IO or collaborate patriotically to fight the common enemy so that we achieve the same objective, that is the regime change for a better government which shall recognize the ethnical diversity of all tribes in the Country and respect their fundamental rights and freedom.
7. We are calling upon other fellow South Sudanese who are resisting and calling for this tribal regime Change of Kiir in other parts of the Country to unite our efforts in order to uproot this tribal government once and for all.
8. We disown from Nuer Community the betrayer Taban Deng Gai and all other Nuer members who for their self benefits betrayed our Democratic and freedom Movement, SPLM/SPLA-IO and sold cheaply the blood of our innocent civilians and all freedom fighters killed by Regime during the onset of the violence in Juba 2015 and all these years of struggle until today.
9. We are urgently calling upon our youth everywhere to immediately march to the nearby SPLA IO fronts so that we join our freedom fighters in all frontlines across the Country so that we speed up the regime change Program with high morale and hope that victory is very certain since we are fighting for a just cause and Almighty God is on our side.
SPLM/SPLA IO Viva!
South Sudan Viva!
Dr. Machar Viva!
Unity of all South Sudanese Viva!
BNFA Nuer Community Viva!
Signed on behalf of Nuer Community
John Gatloth Madeng Keir, Chairman of BNFA Nuer Community in Sudan